Remember that Theory of Change we are so excited about? Well, here’s the fun part. Prior to the Theory of Change we under went a Market Analysis and believe it or not, it was FUN. We learned a ton of great things but we needed the Theory of Change process to really help us get clear on how to implement our findings. I won’t agonize over the details with you, just TRUST us – the process to get to this place happened as it needed to over time.
Our next step is asking YOU to facilitate the change our kids need in our community. Using yoga and mindfulness techniques, you will teach students to become self-aware, manage their stress, positively develop character traits and ultimately become Empowered, Resilient, Engaged, and Mindful Children and Youth who are connected to themselves, school, and the world around them.
Beginning in the Fall of 2016, YoKid’s volunteer teachers and assistants are a team of 25 volunteers, enthusiastic about kids yoga (like YOU) from our community. The children and youth in our community have the privilege of learning yoga and mindfulness from our team and our team has the privilege of bringing the joy of yoga and mindfulness to the children.
How does this work?
We know that bringing yoga to children has both its rewards and challenges so in support of our teaching team’s service you receive:
- Hands-on training that can be used for Yoga Alliance CEs,
- Complimentary unlimited class pass to a partner yoga studio,
- Complimentary registration for the National Kids Yoga Conference,
- Complimentary professional development opportunities,
- And, more fun perks along the way!
How do you know if it’s a good fit for you? Well, these are the technical requirements during a semester commitment:
- COMPLETE an application, including background check
- ATTEND one monthly teacher meeting/professional development
- PARTICIPATE in a total of 10 hours of open office service projects OR a SPECIFIC service project
- PRIORITIZE your availability to teach 1 or 2 kids/teen classes per week between 2:00pm and 5:00pm
AND, we also need you to be passionate about your work with students, yoga and mindfulness; professional; dependable; team-oriented; enthusiastic about having an impact in our community.
Does this sound perfect for you? Yes? FANTASTIC!
Start by completing the application, here and email Laura, our program manager at LTashjian@yokid.org with any questions.