From a Recent Survey of YoKid Program Participants:
- 92% report that yoga helped them with concentration
- 88% report that yoga helped them feel healthy
- 88% report that yoga helped them with to feel calm
- 85% report that yoga helped them with patience
- 82% report that yoga helped them learned how to keep still
- 77% report that yoga helped them to make friends
- 70% report that yoga helped them with school work
- 61% report that yoga helped them with managing their anger
Facts About Yoga for Kids & Teens:
- Kids yoga improves self-esteem and self-awareness
- People with high self-esteem are more likely to create healthy, secure and honest relationships, and are less likely to develop eating disorders, depression or other mental health conditions
- Yoga reduces stress, improves concentration & relaxation, and promotes healthy lifestyles
- The average American child watches 5 hours of television daily
- 35% of kids in DC are overweight
- In Maryland: 29%, and in Virginia: 31%
- The increasing competitiveness in youth sports contributes to negative social outcomes, including acts of violence and aggression.
- Yoga, on the other hand, is a noncompetitive activity.
- Yoga improves muscular strength, endurance and flexibility.