Yoga (yg) literally means to unite or to yoke. It is thought that we unite our minds, bodies, & spirit through control of our breath. The practice of yoga can include physical postures, breathing exercises, healthy living ideals (ie. honesty, good nutrition, nonviolence, and academic importance), concentration, & meditation. It is an ancient practice that is over 4,000 years old.
Where can you practice yoga?
- Yoga can be done anywhere, at anytime, and by anybody. YoKid yoga classes take place at kid & teen friendly venues. Request YoKid to come to your local school by contacting us OR join us for one of our public yoga classes. Check our current and upcoming class offerings here
Why is yoga so important for my kid or teen?
YoKid students randomly participate in a survey at the end of their yoga session. Here is what they have to say about yoga:
How can you as a parent get more involved?
- Practice yoga with your kid or teen. Ask them to teach you what they’ve learned in class. Reinforce these skills at home with the help of our resource section.
- Participate in our annual YoKid Yoga Challenge as a family! Details, registration, and save the date can be found here.
- Volunteer now as a classroom assistant or get trained to be an ambassador so that you can bring yoga to the kids & teens in your community.
- Donate now to support more yoga for more kids & teens today!