YoKid is committed to fostering positive role models and leaders in the community. Each year YoKid welcomes undergraduate students, recent college grads and graduate students to join our team for 12 months. All interns work directly with staff to create a personal portfolio of project driven goals based on their internship focus (see below opportunities).
Interns commit 15 hours each week in the office and are eligible for practicum/course credits along with unlimited monthly yoga passes at our partner local studio.
For more information about our internships, or to apply, email cover letter and resume to Ltashjian@yokid.org. Mark the subject of your email with the specific internship category you are interested in applying for (see below opportunities) and include in your cover letter your availability/schedule.
1) Graphic Design: Gain hands-on experience in photoshop and inDesign. Ideal for someone who is creative, able to work both independently and as a team, problem-solve and is interested in strengthening their skills in design. GD Interns have the opportunity to:
- Create, design, edit a wide range of collateral for the National Kids Yoga Conference and YoKid Programs (ie annual report, conference backdrop, fundraising materials, etc.)
- Update and create graphics for our websites
2) Event Planning: Work with staff to organize and promote workshops/trainings, outreach events, fundraisers and community building socials. Ideal for someone who is highly organized, outgoing, flexible and interested in gaining experience in nonprofit event management/planning. Interns will learn to:
- Regularly document events and team meetings, internally and on social media
- Organize/plan volunteer events and team building opportunities
- Support the work of the National Kids Conference team preparation
3) Non-Profit Management: Gain an understanding of the day-to-day operations of a small non profit. Ideal for someone who is self-directed, responsible, interested in office management and demonstrates a strong interest in community building, yoga and children’s health. Interns will gain skills to:
- Assist with community partner outreach
- Maintain regular communication with volunteers via google groups and social media
- Promote events/workshops (including the Marine Corps Marathon, Yoga-thon, and the National Kids Yoga Conference) and represent YoKid in community events
- Work with staff to manage volunteer office hours, recruitment, mat distribution and resource library